Please find attached our inaugural monthly publication about the green bond market.
- Issuance of EUR and USD denominated green bonds with a minimum size of EUR 250mn (or EUR equivalent) picked up strongly following the summer break.
- New issuance for this year as a whole reached EUR 44bn, which is already a 20% increase compared to total issuance last year, and almost double total issuance in 2015.
- Issuance of green bonds by corporates has risen in particular.
- Despite the fact that the green bond market is growing quickly, there still seem to be a lot of issues that need to be resolved. The most important of which is the creation of a taxonomy of what are green assets in order to prevent green washing.
- The European Commission’s High Level Expert Group on sustainable finance published its recommendations in July, which is included the development of a classification system for sustainable assets.
DISCLAIMER: This report has not been prepared in accordance with the legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead. This report is marketing communication and not investment research and is intended for professional and eligible clients only.ABN-AMRO-Green-Bond-Monthly-September-2017.pdf (293 KB)