- We expect 10y Treasury yields to increase as the Fed will hike rates due to the sizeable impact of fiscal policy initiatives by President-elect Trump…
- … but the eurozone economy will muddle through while core inflation will remain weak until the turn of 2017/2018
- The ECB is expected to announce an QE extension by 6 months and to remove the floor for its purchases, while it will taper its QE programme in early 2018
- German 10y bond yields will move higher especially in the latter part of 2017
- Eurozone country spreads will drift wider due to a cocktail of diminishing impact of QE, taper speculation and political risks
DISCLAIMER: This report has not been prepared in accordance with the legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead. This report is marketing communication and not investment research and is intended for professional and eligible clients only.