- Spreads of Spain, Italy and Portugal have narrowed during the holiday season …
- … while political risks have remained elevated, ….
- … Q2 GDP growth disappointed in high-debt countries Portugal and Italy …
- … and the banking systems of Italy and Portugal are not in good health
- Peripheral spreads benefited from premature speculations that the ECB will abandon its capital key
- Consequently, we expect 10 year government bond yields over Bunds to rebound and close the year at around 120, 150 and 350bps for Spain, Italy and Portugal respectively
DISCLAIMER: This report has not been prepared in accordance with the legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead. This report is marketing communication and not investment research and is intended for professional and eligible clients only.